i'm sorry you weren't this lucky

 Going through a bunch of old stuff yesterday I found a little note that Becky must have written when she was six or seven. I'm sure she was saying grace and my mom made her write it down and send it to me while I was away living in France. 


Totally melted my heart. 


Not many people get to grow up with a troublemaking little sister as great as Becky. Putting all the crying, temper tantrums, and having to babysit for no remuneration aside, not too many people have the privilege of watching a sibling twelve years younger than them grow up. A-mazing. 


And my little Nemo was nothing to sneeze at, either. 

7 comments:

pamero said...

awwww, they were so cute!! Sometimes I have dreams that I am the age I am now, but they are still wee, cute little things that crawl up on my lap and cuddle.

Kim O said...

I was cuter

Unknown said...

And I couldn't have asked for better big sisters, even if I did call you Mom on occasion. Just look at how cool I am now

Kim O said...

Do we have a sister we don't know about??? Who is "unknown"?.... ha. hahaha. ha.

Unknown said...

Shut up, go boycott your iPhone some more. Hows that 34" screen working out for you??

Anonymous said...

I would get sweet little notes from Michele on my pillow too. I have saved a few of them. They are so precious to me!

Linda

corrie said...

Oh, Linda! You were this lucky!