what the?



I see this billboard on my way home from work every day. Every time I drove by it I was like, "what is THAT about?" Thinking it was some kind of radio discussion or some kind of sad crazy Manitoban church sect had put them up. Then I saw them on The Colbert Report! They're all over North America! And the people who put them up really believe that the world as we know it will end on May 21! What the what? Their leader has "calculated" the date and is making it his mission to let everyone know.

The funny thing is that right after that segment we saw a trailer for the second hangover movie, but it comes out May 26... I guess we won't be seeing that one...

7 comments:

Court said...

Jeepers.

Anonymous said...

I know! I'm bummed about two things: Jack doesn't get to be 3 and J-L's work owes us some outstanding money. We're to get the cheque on June 1. Sigh. I guess not. (We think they know and are doing this deliberately.)

ccap

Mom said...

Does this mean we don't get to enjoy our family traditional May Long Weekend at our cottage ever again!?

pamero said...

Aw man...and just when the forecast is looking so nice for the weekend. Thanks a lot crazy people, I wouldn't have even known, but now I just have a week of fear and dread to look forward to. Sigh.

beckster said...

I wasn't going to leave a comment, but you know whats kind of creepy? I looked over and the word verification is "bible". Not even joking!

Damero said...

I heard that TONNES of money was spent on this campaign too! Can we go watch The Hangover now!

pamero said...

Ooohhhh becky, ca-ray-zy! And Don, you can go see the hangover II, but I'm just going to soak up the high of still being alive! ha ha...