cause I have nothing better to post

Well, that's not entirely true, but I liked ccap's list so decided to copy the idea.

Seven things about me:
1. In the mornings, when I'm having breakfast, I try to time my toast and tea to be ready to consume for the same time. Sometimes I accidentally cook my toast first and then have to wait for the kettle to boil and tea to steep before I can enjoy them together, so my toast is either eaten or cold by the time the tea's ready. That's not a good morning. I'm not saying it is difficult to coordinate the two, it's just something I do.
2. Speaking of breakfast... I don't like yoghurt that has fruit in it. I hate lumps of slimy fruit. For this reason I choose only raspberry or peach yoghurt. And then I still usually end up with a pile of disgusting fruit at the side of my bowl. It's sick, man.
3. I'm always counting in my head. If I don't have music to listen to when I walk to work I count my steps. If a train goes by and I'm sitting in my car I count the train cars. If I'm polishing cutlery I count how many I've polished. I don't know why. I hate numbers. (which I know seems like a stupid thing to hate, but I really do.)
4. And that makes me think about how bad I am at math. I suck. I still get nervous if I have to add something up in my head and someone is around. I just confuse numbers very easily, and that doesn't make it any easier to work with them.
5. I once completely broke down in grade six. I just started sobbing. Our classroom had it's own bathroom so I went in there for a while and tried to but just couldn't stop crying, and I knew everyone could hear me. This jerk of a guy, Adam, said something horribly mean to me and I couldn't get over it. When I think about it now I think of my poor teacher who took me outside and tried to help me but mostly just sat there wringing his hands. He was a good teacher. Even before that I think he had a soft spot for poor, neurotic, eleven year old corrie.
6. Also in grade six... we had these "duck bucks" we could save up for doing things like remembering to fill in our homework books, getting our parents to sign said homework books, and a myriad of other things that I can't remember anymore. Then you could save up your bucks and do special things with them. 20 bucks would get you one thing, 50 bucks would get you another. Over christmas break our family borrowed a tv and vcr from somewhere (I have no idea where it came from) and my big plan was to save up enough bucks to rent two movies from the library. (In retrospect, I don't know why I had to save up bucks and couldn't just borrow the movie, but whatever.) Anyway. It cost me 500 bucks to rent two movies, I had this fat wad of yellow bills in my desk. It was awesome. The movies I rented in grade six? Cry Freedom - The Steven Biko Story, and Ghandi. And it's not like there weren't other movies I could have rented, there *were* hollywood movies, I just didn't want them.
7. I'm okay with silence. Unless I specifically think of it, I don't turn on the radio or put on a cd when I'm home or in the car. If anything, I turn on the tv and leave it on. I don't feel like I need to have every moment filled with noise. Except when I'm walking to work. I actually asked my sister to drive me when my headphones broke because the thought of walking to work without music makes me a little crazy. Not that I haven't done it... it just makes the walk that much longer...

2 comments:

ccap said...

#5 & #6: I wish I could meet grade six Corrie.

pamero said...

I'm gonna get you some foodlers. Then you can have 'fun' with your toast while you wait for your tea.