bananas aren't only for monkeys

So. I was bored and thinking about how dry my skin is lately and how I try so many different things to try to help it. I always have skin issues. Nothing major like eczema or anything like that, but I often have really dry skin patches and wierd rashes and stuff. Anyway my regular creams and oils don't seem to be able to handle this cold, dry weather lately so I thought I'd give my skin some extra love and attention and looked up some facial recipes online.

I found one that uses half a banana, two tablespoons of yoghurt, and a tablespoon of honey. I read somewhere that banana is supposed to be a good skin firmer and I figured the yoghurt would be good moisturizer, but I'm not sure what the honey does. I added some ground oatmeal because I melted my honey too much and was scared it would be too runny to be a mask. Also, oatmeal is supposed to be good for your skin, isn't it? But the real reason I chose this one is because I had all the ingredients and it didn't need anything that required me to go shopping like almond oil or witch hazel or strawberry leaves.

So, I blended it all together and it smelled really good, like something I regularly eat for breakfast, actually. I applied it to my face the best I could (I looked like something out of a horror movie) and sat down and put in Boondock Saints. Nothing like a good girly movie to watch while giving yourself a facial. I could feel some tingling happening so I figured it was a good sign. Twenty minutes later I washed it all off and was amazed that my skin actually felt better.

Like, I mean, it actually worked.

My face felt tighter and smoother and fresher. The dryness is still kind of there in certain places but I'm totally going to make this part of my regular routine. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Also, the place where I read that banana is a good skin firmer also recommended it for the neck and breasts ... If you want to put banana there...

3 comments:

Krista said...

Mmmm... Boondock Saints. :) Good times. You should post your facial recipe on-line. My skin isn't happy with this weather, either. Spring? Are you there? I'm done with your friend Winter, now.

mmichele said...

if you put it on your feet, you could lick it off!

Anonymous said...

I'm just sitting here rather astonished that you applied honey to your face.

ccap