flinch

I have this knife, it's called the Forever Sharp and it is guaranteed to stay sharp forever. If it ever goes dull I can have it replaced at no cost to me. It is amazing. Pam sucked me in to buying them after we saw a demonstration where this sales rep. cut through frozen meat, the wooden cutting board, a penny and then sliced a ripe tomato. It was impressive. Too impressive for Pam to feel like she could leave without one. So I bought a couple with her so that we'd get a better deal (we also got a free paring knife just for watching the presentation).

If anyone wants a demonstration, you're welcome to bring a penny over and try to cut it with my knife. I'll just stand back and watch, my first aid kit in hand.

So, now the knife mostly just sits in my drawer, in its protective sheath, because it is so sharp that everytime I use it I am terribly afraid of cutting myself.

Just thinking about using it makes me flinch.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It cut through the cutting board? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of a cutting board?

mmichele said...

try not to cleave the counter in two. that would be awkward.

that pam, she DOES lead you to impulse buy, doesn't she? first knives, then boots. what's next?

ccap said...

Yeah, Michele, you're right, blame it on Pam.

But then again, if it WEREN'T for Pam, Corrie and I most likely wouldn't have lovely Irish jerseys or French casserole dishes. I think her eye-rolling at our hesitation helped us out.

mmichele said...

nothing like a little eye roll from pam to move someone along.

pamero said...

Ho-lee Crap.
The things I miss when i don't read my evil sister's blog for 1 day.

And after I was so nice and posted a picture for her. :( phooey.

ccap said...

Hey, hey, wait a second Pam! That's not fair! I DEFENDED YOU!

corrie said...

Hey! I'm not evil! Has anything I've said in this post untrue? You *did* ask me to go in on the knives with you and I *was* hesitant, wasn't I?

Just admit it, you impulse buy. There's nothing wrong with it, just like there's nothing wrong with thinking for a long time before I buy something.

Yeesh.

mmichele said...

oops! didn't mean to offend! i'm the "just buy it" person in my family.

pamero said...

yeah, sorry cynthia, I thought of you at work tonight and felt bad. But corrie, I don't TOTALLY impulse buy. I think about it, walk around, look at it again, take another walksie, then decide. Just because I don't go home inbetween doesn't mean I don't think about it. So I'll only half admit to it. :P

Anonymous said...

You two are quite a pair I must say!