woe is me

The much anticipated, much dreamed about canoe trip that I've been mentally preparing for since march may not happen after all. It's simply too dry. In manitoba they're not even letting people into the parks to wilderness camp, let alone cook over open fires. We're still waiting to see what the whiteshell in ontario is doing. My one hope is that they've gotten more rain than we have (it happened once, it can happen again!) and we'll be able to go in, even if we do have to lug around a coleman stove with us to cook over.

Listen to me whine about my holiday... farmers are loosing their livlihood as I type. Where's the rain?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how long can you live on GORP and water?

ccap said...

Oh my goodness! I hope it all works out. (even though I'll miss you lots)