just a few

Well, school is winding down and I'll soon have to say goodbye to my favourite little student, Angel. Sigh... I'm gonna miss that sassy, cool, little girl. So I thought I'd post a few last Angelisms.

As I'm reading over her work I notice she's spelled loud L-O-U-N-D. "Angel, listen to loud, what do you hear?" She says loud. "Do you hear an n in it?" She says to me with full confidence (and not joking at all), "Well, it's a silent n."

We had a little award ceremony at school and Angel won the award for most improved student (little pat on my back as I'm the one tutoring her most of the time) and as she headed back to her seat I see her say to the girl sitting next to her, "What's most improved?"

The kids at school were looking at my ring (suddenly it's exciting because now I'm married, little do they know that I've been wearing the same ring all school-year long) and they asked if I wear it ALL the time. I answered no, because I get a little rash if I sleep with it on so I have to take it off at night. Angel thrusts out her hip and says to me, "Well, you have to choose, do you want to be married or be with your husband?" I honestly didn't have any clue how to respond.

Goodbye little Angel, your sassyness will be an inspiration to me for years to come...

2 comments:

pamero said...

And I will miss those awesome stories of angel...

beckster said...

how 'bout those pictures?! hint hint..