saturday

Well... saturday my computer decided that it wasn't a good idea for me to have internet access and so for saturday and sunday I couldn't post. Then, it miraculously started working again. No idea why and I'm not digging too deeply for an answer. It's working now and that's all I care about.

This is what I was planning on posting for saturday:

For so long now, I've been trying to let go of my dreams and just let them dissipate into thin air. It's like if I could let go of them and watch them vanish completely I'd be able to get on with life in a happy and contented way. Cause if I couldn't see my dreams become a reality I didn't want to see them at all.

Today I was listening to someone talk about laying our dreams down and just leaving them there for God to pick up again. It struck me so deeply. I'm not even sure why. I guess it told me what I've always known. That God wants those dreams, he doesn't want them to just dissapear. And I have no guarantee that he'll pick them up and offer them back to me, it wouldn't be a risk to lay them down then, would it? So now the question is, can I lay them down on the ground in front of me and just let them be there not knowing if I get them back but trusting that God knows what he's doing no matter what happens?

I don't know. That's really hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Corrie. Go find the poem entitled "If This World Hung From Some Other God's Arm" at www.utmostchristianwriters.com, in the Archives (you might have to go to the Gallery first, and then the archives) It's by MaryLou Cornish. (this comment is on your post about laying your dreams down)

Linda said...

It's a tough thing to do, isn't it. To lay your dreams down. I'm not ready for that either.