Following Suit

1. First name? Corrie
2. Were you named after anyone? I was named after Corrie ten Boom, a concentration camp survivor who had an incredible story to tell about forgiveness. My parents first heard her story just before I was born. I've always been proud of the fact that I'm the only of my siblings to be named for someone. Her full name was Cornelia, mine isn't. But I've always thought that if my name were short for something it would be Cornelia, wouldn't it be?
3. Do you wish on stars? No, I respect them too much for that.
4. When did you last cry? Hmmm... a few days ago. I had an eyelash stuck on my contact and it hurts like heck.
5. Do you like your handwriting? Sort of. I like my handwriting when I write in pencil.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Shaved roast beef.
7. When is your birthday? October 26, 1978
8. What is your most embarrassing cd? I have a cd that I borrowed from someone almost eight years ago for a music history course that I took. He didn't want to lend it to me but I got him to and I never gave it back. I feel pretty embarassed about it whenever I see it. I would throw it away but it's not mine to throw out.
9. If you were another person would you be friends with you? Sometimes I catch glimpses of myself and really feel like we could be friends. Other times I feel like I'm too much of a sucky baby to be friends with.
10. Do you have a journal? Not right now, I'm hot or cold when it comes to journals.
11. Would you bungee jump? Nope. The thought of the rope snapping back to pull you up agian freaks me out. Wouldn't that jerk hurt your back?
12. What is your favorite cereal? Junky: Froot Loops. All time favourite: Weetabix.
13. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Nope. But I like shoes with no laces, that I can just slip on and off.
14. Do you think that you are strong? Not particularly. My fifteen year old sister could beat me up, however, she's freakishly strong. And the canoe trips we go on can be pretty tough physically what with hiking with heavy packs and carrying canoes, but I didn't think anything of it until a friend we were camping with (who is a grown man) couldn't keep up with me and my sisters. Made me think. Am I stronger than I give myself credit for or is he just a wimp?
15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate. No question.
16. Shoe Size? 7 1/2 or 8. Depends on the shoe.
17. Red or pink? Red.
18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I depend way too much on what I think other people think of me. And my waist. Or lack thereof.
19. Who do you miss the most? My friend, Miriam, in the Netherlands. She's the closest I've ever come to having a big sister. I don't stay in contact with her like I should.
20. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back? Ummmm....
21. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? No shoes, jeans.
22. Last thing you ate? Yummy chicken pot pie and mesclun salad at work.
23. What are you listening to right now? The pounding of construction outside. ARGH!
24. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Green. It's so friendly.
25. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Hmmmm... I can't remember. Yesterday sometime... maybe my brother-in-law, Don, or my sister, Pam?
26. Toes or fingers? Fingers. I love long, elegant fingers. Nicole Kidman has beautiful fingers.
27. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Hair. I love curly, slightly mussed hair.
28. Do you like the person that sent this to you? Well, I got this from Cynthia's blog and I absolutely adore her. So, yes.
29. Favorite drink? Coca-Cola. The most refreshing drink in the world.
30. Favorite sport? None. But if I had to pick I'd pick soccer/football. But only because it's not obsessed over here. If I lived anywhere else in the world I might have a different answer.
31. Favorite hair color? Brown with subtle natural looking highlights.
32. Favorite office supply item? Too many to choose from. I love them. I hoard them. It's bad.
33. Do you wear contacts? Yep. But my optomitrist tried to get me to switch over to disposables, I think it's a scam. If my eyes are fine in yearlies then why bother?
34. Favorite food? Baguette and real butter, steak, chocolate, green beans, too many...
35. Last movie you watched? Darn it, of all the movies I see why did I have to go to that one last? Becky and I went and saw She's All That last night. I feel I must defend myself: a. it was at cinema city (cheap theatre) b. Becky and I both felt like going to a goofy movie c. even though it's a teeny bopper movie it is based on Twelfth Night d. it was fun.
36. Favorite day of the year? Any holiday when my whole family gets together to hang out and play pictionary.
37. Scary movies or happy endings, or a little of both? NEVER scary movies! So bad for me...
38. Summer or Winter. Summer. But winter can be beautiful, too.
39. Hugs or kisses? Hugs when the time is right and I'm in the mood for a good, long hug. My mom and sisters and I always kiss when we part. I like that.
40. Favorite dessert? Anything with chocolate in it. Especially the chocolate mousse we sell at work.
41. What's on your mouse pad? I don't even have a mouse pad. But my finger thing is red.
42. What did you watch last night on TV? Nothing. But I did tape The Amazing Race and Lost. Haven't watched them yet.
43. Favorite smells? The air just before it snows, the air just after it rains, my own skin in summer, Nivea products, Abby, (and I know this is twisted) gasoline and exhaust.
44. Favorite sounds? leaves rustling on trees in a light breeze, feet in hard soled shoes crunching over broken glass or gravel, children laughing, my family getting along and teasing each other, Kim playing the piano, Kim and Don making up songs around the campfire, the dripping of a paddle when you pick it up out of the water.
45. Stones or Beatles? Beatles. And I know way too much Beatles trivia due to Pam's former obsession.
46. What's the furthest you've been from home? Australia or India, not sure which is further.
47. What books are you reading? The Princess Bride and Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire (both for the second time).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! My name in Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!

corrie said...

anybody want a peanut?

Unknown said...

Hey Corrie :) did you watch the Oprah show from Monday I think... was about Auswitz and a concentration camp survivor... it was excellent.
Miss you guys!! wandered onto blogs from an e-mail and finding all my winipeg buds!!

Irene