bah humbug

Tried a new recipe today, spiced pumpkin loaf. I was going to halve it but since I had lots of pumpkin to use up (I had opened a can a week ago and wanted to finish it) decided to make the full recipe keeping one loaf for myself and giving one loaf away.

Sorry, person who I was going to share my baking with. Won't be happening. I pulled it out of the oven twenty minutes early because it was getting that "too cooked" smell. Did the press-touch test and it wasn't too far off from fully cooked, so turned the oven off and left the loaves inside to cook just a little bit longer.

Just opened the oven, now, to check on them and they have totally fallen flat! The bottoms are over cooked and the inside is undercooked! What the what?

Maybe the recipe had the oven temperature wrong? Aren't most breads cooked at 350?


Nothing like a huge fail to make you feel like a 10 year old novice again...

3 comments:

Court said...

Should have saved it. I'm sure Kurt would eat it!

pamero said...

I don't actually feel too bad for you since every time I'm at your house I enjoy some delicious tasty home made piece of goodness that I didn't even think could be made at home! Well, I still feel a little bad...I know how it feels!

beckster said...

Hey, least that not what happens every time you try and cook/bake! I'm going to have to take some wife lessons this spring! ha