je suis la belette de quelqu'un

So, since we've been home (well, even before we came home) I've been a little bit sad knowing that our travelling days are done. We had such an incredible time and I got to do it all with my husband! For many years that is something I've been waiting to say - "I just got home from travelling with my husband..." "while my husband and I were on our trip..." "my husband and I really enjoy travelling together..." What a treat. To be walking in places where when I've been there before it's been wishing I had someone holding my hand beside me and to get to walk there again holding that someone's hand and knowing it's as great as I always imagined it would be?...nothing compares to that heart swelling feeling.


One thing my imaginings didn't foresee is that the day after returning home I would be making supper in the kitchen, a little melancholy, and as I poured the soup into cups I would hear the unmistakable music of one of my favourite movies begin to play from the living room - Amelie. Just because "then we can watch for all the places we visited together."

So maybe it's not about where you are, but who you're with.

2 comments:

Mom said...

My heart rejoices in your joy my
Corrie. Praise God for all the blessings he has bestowed upon you both in the last little while. May it continue :) love you both so much.

beckster said...

Well, I am happy for you.