how much am i being paid?

Sometimes I don't know if working in a school with kids is worth it. Some days it doesn't feel like it...

"Yes, I know you hate math, but you not doing it is not only agonizingly painful as I sit here with you for the last half hour trying to get you to do more than one question, but... you *still* have to finish and *I* still have to sit here with you."

"Be sure to thank your mom for sending along a can of chicken noodle soup for lunch. I really enjoy making it in the microwave for you while trying to control a whole classroom of children."

"Wow, this is exactly what I wanted to do for recess, turn a skipping rope and never get to jump."

"I know, let's all tattle about every single little issue that comes up. That'll make me happy this afternoon - thousands of whining children complaining about nothing."

Sigh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes. You have pointed out some of the reasons I never wanted to become a teacher. But in my work world many adults act like children. At least kids have an excuse. They're kids.

pamero said...

awww. Never getting to jump. That IS sad.