is there anything else i can get for you?

I just realized this morning when I woke up at 6:43am that I have a recurring dream whenever I start to feel stressed out. When things kinda get beyond my control in real life I have a dream about being a server again. I either have irate customers, have lost my order pad with all my orders on it, don't know the specials or the menu, or some form of all three throughout the dream. It's been happening for years, I don't know why it took me this long to clue in to it.

But what sweet relief when, woken by the intensity of it all, I realize, even if it takes a few minutes, that it was all a dream. There are no customers, no order pad, not even a menu or specials to worry about anymore.

It somehow makes everything else easier to deal with.

1 comments:

beckster said...

And then, to make it all better, you get to go hang out with Angel who "couldn't find the V!" I am going to have to meet her some day!