on this, my twenty-seventh birthday

I walked home from work today and found myself in that dream place that hits every once in a rare while. It's that place where I can savour every moment, like my every pore is drinking in the experience of living. It was one of those late fall days that you know is a gift because winter is just around the corner; leaves rustling, sun shining, cool enough for a turtleneck, too warm for a sweater. And I found myself to be supremely content. And I found myself to be satisfied with myself. Don't get me wrong, I am certainly aware of my shortcomings and don't doubt that my character will be improved upon in the future, but for one glorious moment, on this, my twenty-seventh birthday, I could see myself for who I am. And instead of being disappointed or embarassed I could be proud of the progress I've made in these twenty-seven years. I could be kind and generous to myself and treat myself as I would a good friend. What a gift. What a moment. Someone take a picture. Someone write it down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

there are few things I know at this point in my life, but I do know that someone who can write something like this, move and totally captivate her audience, with ease... she is truly something else.